We’re exactly two weeks away from Samsung’s next Galaxy Unpacked event and the 5 devices they’re launching keep leaking online. Although we know that 5 devices will be announced, exactly which 5 devices will be shown off at the event are still up for debate, though we can safely rule out the Galaxy Z Flip 5G since it just got announced earlier this morning. One device we know for sure will show up at Galaxy Unpacked is the Samsung Galaxy Note 20, and today, we’re getting a closer look at the standard model.
Yesterday, we got a full look at the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and its specifications. We had already seen a hands-on video and an official render straight from Samsung’s own website. While we know a lot about the Ultra, details of the smaller Galaxy Note 20 have mostly eluded us. We got our first look at it last week, and today we’re finally able to fill in a lot of the blanks thanks to Roland Quandt from WinFuture.
The smaller Galaxy Note 20 has a flat 6.7-inch FHD display at a 60Hz refresh rate rather than 120Hz like the Note 20 Ultra or Galaxy S20 series. The processor in European models will be the Exynos 990, and it will be accompanied by 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, and a 4,300mAh battery. The 256GB will be the only storage option in Europe it seems.
In terms of cameras, we’re looking at a triple rear camera configuration consisting of a 12MP primary, 12MP wide-angle, and 64MP telephoto. The Galaxy Note 20 has a similar-looking triple-camera stack as the Ultra, but it’s much smaller. The S Pen on the smaller model will have 26ms response time, whereas the Ultra’s S Pen supports a much lower 9ms.
One last important tidbit is the build materials. While the smaller Note 20 will still have a metal frame, the back cover may actually be plastic instead of glass backed by Gorilla Glass 7 like on the Ultra. People hear “plastic” and automatically assume the worst, but it could still be a nice, high-quality, and durable plastic. Given these downgrades, we hope the standard model will be considerably cheaper than the Note 20 Ultra. However, we will have to wait and see, as WinFuture did not report any pricing information.
Rumored Galaxy Note 20 Specs:
- 161.6 x 75.2 x 8.3mm
- 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display
- FHD+ 2400×1080, 20:9 aspect ratio, 393 ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate
- Ultrasonic under-display fingerprint scanner
- Samsung Exynos 990 (Europe)
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB storage, no microSD card support
- 64MP telephoto for 3X “Hybrid Optical Zoom”, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 12MP main camera sensor, 1.8μm pixel size, dual-pixel autofocus
- 12MP ultra-wide-angle, 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 8K 30FPS video recording
- 30X zoom
- 10MP front-facing camera, 1.22μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 4,300mAh battery
- Reverse wireless charging
- USB 3.2 Type-C port, wired fast charging (50% in 30 minutes)
- Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 6, NFC, optional 5G, dual SIM, eSIM
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG
- IP68 rating
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Colors: Mystic Black, Mystic Bronze, Mystic Green
The post Full Samsung Galaxy Note 20 spec leak reveals the phone won’t have a 120Hz refresh rate display appeared first on xda-developers.
Rojenx is a leading concept artist who work appears in games and publications
Check out his personal gallery here