In an announcement detailing some of the features Galaxy S20 owners can expect with the One UI 2.5 update, Samsung also revealed the full list of devices expected to receive the same update.
Here’s the full list of devices:
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20 5G
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S9
- Galaxy S9+
- Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Galaxy Note 10+
- Galaxy Note 10 5G
- Galaxy Note 10
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy Note 9
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy Fold 5G
- Galaxy Fold
That’s a pretty long list, and it surprisingly includes the Galaxy S9/S9+ and Galaxy Note 9. Some people were concerned those devices wouldn’t even get One UI 2.1 (they did). While they won’t be getting Android 11 since they weren’t mentioned in Samsung’s list of devices to get 3 generations of Android OS updates, it’s still nice to see Samsung commit to delivering more feature updates to their 2018 flagship smartphones.
The One UI 2.5 update won’t be the same on every device that gets it, though. Samsung notes that supported features may vary by device, but the company doesn’t go further into detail. They also don’t confirm when each of these devices will get the new feature update, but they do confirm that the update is already rolling out for the Galaxy S20 series.
What’s new in One UI 2.5?
The latest version of Samsung’s One UI 2.5 software is still based on top of Google’s Android 10. We’ve already detailed how the update adds support for using Android 10’s gesture navigation with third-party launchers, and we’ve also talked a bit about the software features in our Galaxy Note 20 Ultra review. Some of the highlights you can expect with the update include improved camera features, Audio Bookmark, the ability to write on PDF files, and improvements to Samsung DeX.
Here’s a summary of the main features in the update, all of which are present on the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20 but may not be available on other devices:
- Pro Video mode, with ability to control the smartphone mic’s direction. Can be paired with the Galaxy Buds to use them as a “pro-style lavalier microphone.”
- 8K@24fps video recording.
- 21:9 aspect ratio video recording
- Samsung Notes
- Audio Bookmarks in Samsung Notes. This lets you synchronize your notes with audio recordings of lectures or meetings.
- Import and write on PDF files
- Autosave & sync between your phone, tablet, and PC
- New template and background color options
- Add handwritten text to typed documents
- Samsung DeX
- You can now connect to your smart TV wirelessly if the TV supports Phone Screen mirroring.
- You can use multi-finger gestures on your phone to control DeX on your TV or monitor. Swipe up with 3 fingers to see recent apps, down to return to the home screen, or left or right to switch between apps.
- Easily share the password of the Wi-Fi you’re connected to with nearby Galaxy devices in your contact list.
- See the speeds of the Wi-Fi connections in your surroundings before connecting to them.
- Samsung Reminders
- You can preset time and location information for upcoming meetings and tasks
The post Here’s the list of Samsung Galaxy phones getting the One UI 2.5 update appeared first on xda-developers.
Rojenx is a leading concept artist who work appears in games and publications
Check out his personal gallery here