In August this year, ASUS kicked off limited Android 11 beta signups for the ZenFone 6, bringing the latest flavor of Android to the year-old flagship. A few weeks after the initial beta signups, the company started rolling out the first Android 11 beta to users. Soon thereafter, the ZenFone 6 received another Android 11 beta that enabled VoLTE on T-Mobile in the US. Now, after testing the beta release over the last few months, the company is finally rolling out the first stable build of Android 11 to ZenFone 6 users in Taiwan.
According to a recent post on the ASUS ZenTalk forums, the first stable build of Android 11 (build number 18.0610.2011.107) is now rolling out to the ZenFone 6 in Taiwan. The update brings all the new features introduced in Android 11, along with a new ZenUI interface design, full-screen gesture support with third-party launchers, and other minor changes.
The post further reveals that the Android 11 update for the ZenFone 6 is rolling out in batches, and it will only reach a small number of users initially. Once ASUS confirms that there aren’t any major bugs in the update, it should roll out to more users. As of now, ASUS hasn’t shared any plans for a global rollout, but we expect the update to start rolling out to users in other regions in the coming weeks. Check the changelog section below for a complete list of changes included in the Android 11 update for the ZenFone 6.
- Upgrade the system to Android 11
- Back up your data before upgrading, and if you want to go back from Android 11 to Android 10, you can do so using an official package, but all your data will be purged.
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Remove private listening, ZenUI Help with one-handed mode.
- The power man function is integrated into the battery settings. Remove the Avast scan engine.
- The desktop removes options such as smart classification, alignment icons, icon suits, and more. Tap the screen space to spread the application icon.
- Import the new ZenUI interface design
- Adjust the quick set-up panel interface and support media control. Remove multi-window portals and add proximity sharing options (manually added)
- The Wi-Fi Auto Download and Install setting for system updates is turned on by default
- Third-party desktop support uses full-screen gestures
The post ASUS starts rolling out the Android 11 update to the ZenFone 6 in Taiwan appeared first on xda-developers.
Rojenx is a leading concept artist who work appears in games and publications
Check out his personal gallery here