With tab search, users can quickly search their open tabs across open browser windows. If you’re someone who regularly has dozens of tabs open at once, finding what you’re looking for is now much easier. Simply click the drop-down menu button in the top right corner of your browser and begin searching.
The Bluetooth battery level in settings and quick settings are pretty self-explanatory. Once you connect Bluetooth headphones to your Chromebook, you can see the remaining battery level by opening the Quick Settings or Settings menu. Chrome OS 87 will also display your headphones’ battery level at the bottom right-hand side of your screen when they’re connected.
Finally, Google said it added 36 new wallpapers in Chrome OS 87. Google recently highlighted the design capabilities of Chromebooks, commissioning artists to create the new wallpapers using Chrome OS. If you do wind up using a Chromebook for content creation, Google said it’s offering perks that include access to premium apps for free.
Chrome OS 87 also includes other new features:
- Saving to Google Drive has been updated with the ability to rename the file and selecting what folder to store it in
- Chrome OS devices now support switch accessibility devices
- Google has updated language settings to be easier for multilingual users to navigate
- The Alt+Tab window switcher now supports mouse, touch screen, and stylus input
- Version 87 makes visual improvements when renaming Virtual Desks and Launcher folders
Google said systems will be receiving updates over the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled.
The post Chrome OS 87 adds tab search, Bluetooth battery levels, and more appeared first on xda-developers.
Rojenx is a leading concept artist who work appears in games and publications
Check out his personal gallery here