Google reworked Now Cards almost a year ago and rebranded it to Google Feed. Unfortunately, those cards are not available in all countries. Google really restricts a lot of stuff for non-US citizens, but’s that’s a topic for another day. So, how can you activate Google Feed if you live in an unsupported country? Here’s how.
For rooted users
If you’re rooted, you can install Google Now Enabler application from XDA Senior Member aliuwr. Just head to this thread, download the APK file and install it. It just takes one click to enable Google Feed. The application is tested by me personally and it worked on Android Marshmallow, Nougat, and Oreo, so you should not have any problems. The only downside is that it requires root.
For non-rooted users
So, what if you don’t use root? Well, then you have to do it in a slightly more difficult way.
- First of all, download any free (or premium, if you use one) VPN application. I suggest using VPNhub just because it worked perfectly for me.
- Go to your phone’s Settings > Apps > tap the three-dot menu in the top right corner and tap Show system.
- Scroll down and find Google Services Framework.
- Tap on it, then go into Storage section and tap on Clear storage. Please keep in mind that clearing data of Google Services Framework may cause some apps to become unreliable, such as Play Store. Do this at your own risk. For me personally, this has never had any side effects. You’ve been warned.
- Go back. Now find Google application and tap on it.
- Tap on Storage > Clear Storage > CLEAR ALL DATA > OK.
- Go to home screen and open the VPNhub app we downloaded earlier.
- Make sure that United States is selected as a ‘Server Location’ and then tap on a lock icon to activate VPN.
- Close the app and launch Google application.
- That’s it! Now you can use Google Feed/Google Now Cards without any problems!
You can now disconnect VPN, restart phone, connect to another network, whatever. Google Feed will stick and it won’t be disabled ever again.
Rojenx is a leading concept artist who work appears in games and publications
Check out his personal gallery here