A bunch of OPPO smartphones received the stable Android 10 update with the ColorOS 7 skin in the last few weeks. The Chinese OEM recently published an extended update rollout plan for the month of July. According to the roadmap, the OPPO R15 should receive the ColorOS 7 update starting from July 10th, while its “Pro” variant is scheduled to get the same treatment from July 28th. Two more devices, the OPPO F15 and the OPPO A91, will also get their Android 10 updates in this month.
The first day of July comes with the update plan of #ColorOS7 + #Android10 Official Version for this month. Check out when your models will start receiving the update and the corresponding version numbers.
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) July 1, 2020
Making good on its promise, the company is now rolling out the much-awaited update to the OPPO R15. The MediaTek Helio P60-powered phone debuted with Android 8.1 Oreo, which means Android 10 is the second (and probably last) major OS update for this device. OPPO initiated the transition to ColorOS 7 with a short public beta testing phase that took place in June. Those who participated in the beta as well as regular users are now eligible to get the stable build, which is tagged as CPH1819EX_11.F.12 and currently rolling out in Australia.
Check out the full changelog of this update:
ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update changelog for the OPPO R15
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Smart Sidebar
- Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
- Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
- Home Screen
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
Users running the latest stable channel ColorOS 6 firmware (CPH1819EX_11.C.13/C.14) for the OPPO R15 should expect an over-the-air update prompt to arrive on their phones soon. OPPO says the update will be rolling out in batches. If no critical issue pops up during the first phase, they will scale up the rollout over the coming days.
Source: ColorOS Community
The post OPPO R15 is getting the ColorOS 7 stable update with Android 10 appeared first on xda-developers.
Rojenx is a leading concept artist who work appears in games and publications
Check out his personal gallery here